\n

Chiesina Uzzanese

\n

\n

Built in the middle Ages as a hospice for pilgrims travelling along the Via Francigena: remains of a Xenodochio (such was the name for pilgrims hospices throughout Francigena) can be seen in the main square of Chiesina. Chiesina’s name means “little church”, as the hospice was called. The town developed in the second half of XVIII century, when the Padule marsh was drained, and in the main square it is possible to visit the church of Santa Maria della Neve, built on 1848. Remains of an old mill can be seen in the “Molin Nuovo” local community

\n

Find out the related itineraries