The building, built between 1791 and 1793 at behest of the poet’s paternal grandfather, minister and friend of the Grand Duke of Tuscany Pietro Leopoldo, it was purchased by the State in1972 and inaugurated as museum in 1992, after demanding refurbishment works. The visit to the Museum, allows reliving through the decorations, ideal landscapes, allegorical scenes painted on the walls, the romantic atmosphere of the early Nineteenth century, entering the rooms of a mansion once inhabited by a gentry family. Some of the early Nineteenth century rooms were reconstructed using the few remaining pieces of furniture of the Giusti family and furnishings coming from the Superintendency deposits. At the upper floor a documentary exhibition path that illustrates the life and work of the poet was prepared. The exhibition is completed by some display cabinets containing curious family heirlooms. A living room of the second floor of the museum is organised as a listening room. Sitting on an armchair of the period, you find yourself in the centre of a “magical lantern” assembled with Nineteenth century Italian poetry extracts, sound effects, and movingimages. Cultural activities are carried out in the Museum throughout the year. The Association “Amici di Casa Giusti” promotes readings of the most important Italian poets of the Nineteenth century and meetings with Twentieth century writers. Moreover, in autumn the “Premio letterario Giuseppe Giusti” (Giuseppe Giusti literary prize) is awarded.